As some of you may have seen on earlier posts, Claire Beirne and 3 other ladies plan to break the record for the team event for the Race across america. Details can be found here
The team need funds to support the logistics for the race. Rather than simply hand over a donation, I thought it made sense to put Darryl on the sport (he is coaching the team), with a challenge of his own. Darryl has been with the club since it started, and its fair to say he is not in the same physical shape as he was back then.
I have challenged Darryl to lose a chunk of weight - if he succeeds I will donate £200 towards the team funds.
What would be nice, is if people would like to pledge money - any amount - towards this challenge.
The rules I have agreed with Darryl are as follows:
- Darryl official starting weight is @17st
- The official final weighing day will be June 1st - and will be judged by an independent witness
- The target weight is 13st 7lb.
- If he is less than that weight, I will pay £200 plus any pledges from the club
- If he is greater than this weight - ie he has failed, Darryl will pay £200 to the team.
Now for the sting in the tail. Clearly we don't want Darryl to celebrate this if he wins and put all that weight back on. So, there will be a second weigh in on January 15th 2013. If he his weight is over 13st 7lb - Darryl will pay a forfeit of £400 to a charity TBC.
If you wish to support this and get Darryl close to a reasonable racing weight, and help the girls on their way to America, send an email to me email@example.com
I will keep track and there will be a box on the web site that has these details and the current pledge amount + Darryls weight !